I’m about to move on from my testing to see how well various rangefinder — in my case, Leica M-mount — lenses do on the Sony a7S. Here’s what I’ve found out so far.
- Leica 16-18-21mm f/4 Tri Elmar ASPH — works fine at 16mm; also at 21mm.
- Leica 18mm f/3.4 Super-Elmar ASPH — works fine
- Leica 24mm f/3.8 Elmar ASPH — works fine. A tiny bit of “Italian flag” casting
- Leica 28mm f/2.8 Elmarit ASPH — a bad fit. Really soft corners at wide openings.
- Zeiss 35mm f/2 Biogon ZM — works well
- Leica 50mm f/1.4 Summilux ASPH — not good. Blurry corners at wide apertures.
- Leica 90mm f/2 APO-Summicron — fine. I didn’t do an exhaustive test on this lens since it worked so well on the a7R.
- Leica 135mm f/3.4 APO-Telyt– fine. I didn’t do an exhaustive test on this lens since it worked so well on the a7R.