What’s this? A multi-kilobuck lens on a body that costs a tenth as much! Isn’t that crazy?
Maybe not. Put that lens on an M9 and
- you won’t be able to use the perfectly good focal lengths between the click stops (the Tri-Elmar is a real zoom lens)
- you won’t have live view for accurate focusing and precise framing
- you won’t be able to make pictures as rapidly
- you won’t have a waist-level finder
However, the Tri-Elmar on an M9 will
- give you a wider view
- give you a sharper image
- give you much better ergonomics
- allow you to use a zooming eye-level Frakenfinder
- not look half so weird
Interested? I’ll have more after I’ve used the rig a while.