In my previous post, I reported on my difficulties in getting cellular data activated on my iPad 3. When we left off, the Verizon tech had told me that everything was set up properly, and if I went somewhere where there was no network extender and a strong cellular signal, that my iPad would be able to receive cellular data.
Yesterday, I had a meeting in Monterey. I got there half an hour early so I could see if the cellular data worked on the iPad. It did not. I called tech support, and gave the first tech I talked to all of the information about my difficulties. He decided he was the wrong person to work on the problem, and transferred me to somebody else. Apparently, there’s no way to transfer information about a problem when you transfer the caller, so I started all over with my explanation. The tech and I worked on the problem for about 20 minutes, and made no progress. She said that she was going to reprovision the account, and that I should try again later.
I got an e-mail from Verizon late yesterday afternoon saying the account had been reprovisioned. Today, I tried again. No dice. I called Verizon tech support again. The tech I talked to said that there was nothing he could do. He also said that Verizon had opened a trouble ticket for my iPad, and that I should wait 72 hours from yesterday’s call and try again. I asked for the trouble ticket number. He said that he couldn’t give it to me, but there was indeed one open.