This morning, I started out to do a test of the new Nikon 70-200/2.8 zoom. I wanted to test it on the highest-resolution body that I had, which is the Sony a7RII. I mounted the lens on a Vello LAE-SE-NF adapter, and the pair to the body. Since the new 70-200 has electronic diaphragm control, I needed a smart adapter. I set the lens to manual focusing. I got the test set up. I started a sequence of exposures. About half way through, the camera locked up. I power-cycled it and started over. After an hour of trying, I never got through an entire sequence. This is just one more experience that convinces me that this adapter is a beta product let loose on the market, and that Vello’s customers are unpaid — and, if my experiences are any indication, frustrated — beta testers.
I’ll try again sometime with a D810.