Yesterday, we looked at the performance of the following lenses:
- Nikon 60mm f/2.8 AF Micro-Nikkor
- Nikon 58mm f/1.4 AFS-Nikkor G
- Coastal Optical 60mm f/4 UV-Vis-IR Apo Macro
- Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG Art (Copy 1)
- Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG Art (Copy 2)
- Zeiss 55mm f/1.4 Otus
when aimed at a distant landscape at f/4, the widest aperture shared by all. Earlier today we looked at f/2, f/2.8, f/5.6 and f/8. Now we’ll take a look at f/1.4 for all the lenses except the Coastal Optical and the Micro-Nikkor, which can’t open that wide.
In the center:
It’s the Nikon at the rear, with the other three close. You can see that the first Sigma picture is sharper, probably because I focused better. There’s definitely a color cast difference with the Otus.
In the corner:
Wow! The Otus is one impressive lens wide open!
Leave a Reply