The D810 arrived today. I’ll be testing it over the next few weeks.
Some things that I’m curious about:
- How does the read noise compare with the D800E? Does the new Sony sensor have some tricks up its silicon sleeve, like the one in the a7S?
- How about photon noise? Are the full well capacities of the D800 and he D810 the same, or has progress been made?
- Has the awful, subsampled live view of the D800 been fixed, or at least improved?
- Will the electronic first curtain shutter on the D810 result in sharper images?
- Has the auto-focusing been materially improved?
- Will all the D800 accessories, including the RRS plates, fit properly?
- Now that the anti-aliasing filter is well and truly gone, instead of half there as in the D800E, are the pictures sharper? Is the aliasing worse?
Leave a Reply